In this position you will be assigned to work under the direct supervision of a CDP Pastry. In addition to specifically assigned tasks, you will provide general assistance to the CDP Pastry and / or any member of the Pastry department as instructed by the Executive Pastry Chef.
Job responsibilities include:
- Regularly demonstrates a growing understanding of basic ingredients and required production skills and increasing knowledge of the product range.
- Regularly seeks guidance from the Executive Pastry/Bakery Chef /Chief Baker and Chef de Partie in executing production according to Company recipes.
- Assists and trains in the Bakery operation as directed by the Executive Pastry /Bakery Chef acquiring the skills necessary to learn equipment use and carry out the production to the desired standard and earn a bakery competency.
- Always carries out production in assigned area/station according to Company recipes and picture presentation as directed by the Executive Pastry/ Bakery Chef, Chief Baker, or Chef de Partie.
- Always participates in the service of pastry products during restaurant opening hours as directed.
- 1 to 3 years of prior work experience in a Pastry environment and good knowledge of English is essential, both verbal and written
- Knowledge of basic pastry preparation, presentation, and preservation
- Basic knowledge of Public Health and Sanitation regulations and procedures
- Should have basic training in the Pastry department
- Ability to organize and complete work by deadlines
- Command of the English language
This position is afforded comfortable, shared cabin accommodations, meals, and access to crew facilities such as a crew bar, fitness center, pool, and a recreation center.