The Second Engineer is a licensed member of engineering school on a merchant ship and assists the Chief Engineer in vessel technical operations including specific tasks and, in all duties delegated by the Chief Engineer. The primary function of the Second Engineer is to supervise the daily operations and maintenance of all machinery including the ballast system, plant and fire-fighting equipment on-board. This section outlines the certification structure and examination and training requirements for Merchant Navy engineer officers.
- Understanding of external and internal customer service and its impact on our ability to deliver a unique and quality product.
- Motivation to excel in all aspects of job duties and responsibilities.
- Willingness to embrace all Company values and Service Credo and lead by example.
- Ability to adapt and adjust to a variety of circumstances.
- Ability to establish and maintain courteous and professional working relationships in a diverse cultural environment.
• Marine engineer graduated from Merchant Marine Academy
• Engineering School License for Merchant Ships (better if passengers ships)
• Meet the minimum age requirement (25)
• Complete the minimum of 3 years period of seagoing service in similar position
• A valid medical fitness certificate
• Hold applicable ancillary and safety course certificates
• Perfect oral and written English language is essential requirement