The Assistant Pastry Chef assists the Sr. Pastry Chef. The Assistant Pastry Chef reports directly to the Sr. Pastry Chef. The Assistant Pastry Chef assists the Sr. Pastry Chef in food preparation and presentation, Carrying out food related activities (cleaning, garbage disposal, equipment checking). .He also prepares desserts, sweets, and pastries as specified by the Senior Pastry and Executive Chef. When required, assisting in the galley during service.
- One year of prior work experience in a Pastry environment and good knowledge of English is essential
- Knowledge of basic pastry preparation, presentation, and preservation
- Basic knowledge of Public Health and Sanitation regulations and procedures
- Should preferably have basic training in the Pastry department
- Ability to organize and complete work by deadlines
- Command of the English language, both verbal and written