This role establishes and drives a positive working environment and focuses on operational goals where training, leadership, development, and recognizing overall team performance are paramount. Leading by example and from the front of the house, the Front Desk Manager is a ship’s driving advocate for delivering outstanding Customer Service.
Manages a team that excels in delivering industry leading service to our individual, international and group guests.
The Front Desk Manager maintains current working knowledge of customs and immigration regulations and procedures in order to support the Guest Administration Officer. Able to participate in the boarding process by reviewing immigration documentation such as passports and Visa to determine validity of documents.
Mentors, develops and provides both weekly classroom-style and on-the-job training to team members to strengthen their current performance and preparation for succession planning.
· Minimum one year front of house supervisory experience in a hotel, cruise line or hospitality industry related field required.
· Flexibility to manage, focus, direct and encourage a positive, dynamic, diverse guest services operation by navigating through a changing work environment. Should be able to utilize and administer the progressive disciplinary action process through coaching and counseling to improve performance where possible.
· Demonstrates a working knowledge to operate all office equipment.
· Completion of high school, basic or vocational education equivalency preferred.
· Working knowledge of US cash handling procedures and foreign exchange required.