- Provides—and coaches all junior staff to provide—an immediate positive first impression to every guest through a warm, welcoming individual greeting.
- Consistently coach staff to interact with every guest, observe and identify guests’ preferences and adjust service accordingly, anticipate guests’ needs, and engage in conversation while showing genuine interest at all times.
- Ensures that the beverage service meets all Company standards at all times.
- Ensures that all beverages served are visually appealing and garnished according to the criteria detailed in the Rolodex.
- Ensures that the assigned Bar location is always set up correctly and open for business according to Bar opening hours.
- Achieves specific daily Bar revenue targets set by Bar management without interfering with guests’ enjoyment of the Bar experience.
- Works closely and regularly with the Bar Supervisor to review daily revenue and Bar promotion results. Ensures that Bar staff charge all special events correctly, including but not limited to, 90000 accounts, Company sponsored parties, interdepartmental events, and private parties.
- Routinely and properly prepares all Bar items required for a full beverage service.
- Always presents and maintains all areas immaculately including, but not limited to, lighting, ambiance, menus, and table and chair set-up.
- Preferably a graduate of a recognized Hotel/Bar operation or bar school
- Two years of experience in hospitality/cruise-related bartender position
- Experience and knowledge of USPH, the Beverage Industry, specializing in Wines, Cocktails, Spirits and all other beverage-related products including the service execution of all of the above
- Excellent man-management and Bartending skills, able to develop and motivate and lead a large team.
- Ability to work under pressure and make decisions which positively impact the overall guest experience
- Command of the English language, both verbal and written