- The 2nd Commis Chef is responsible for familiarizing him/herself with USPH regulations and must carry out job function(s) in accordance thereof.
- Responsible for the collection of provision orders from the provision area and also for correctly storing the same appropriately
- Responsible for assisting the Sous Chef in maintaining the state of cleanliness of the Galley and its immediate surroundings, including all equipment utilized in this area.
- Must be familiar with the menu cycles onboard.
- Must ensure to have recipes of all items required to be prepared during the normal course of duties.
- Must be familiar with the company standard for all tasks required and, if uncertain on how to proceed, must seek guidance and clarification from the Sous Chef and the CDP, as assigned for all tasks.
- Responsible for delivering prepared food items to the various food outlets/restaurants in a timely and efficient manner.
- Provides general assistance to the Sous Chef / CDP.
- 1 year of prior work experience in a Galley environment and good knowledge of English is essential
- Knowledge of basic food preparation, presentation, and preservation
- Basic knowledge of Public Health and Sanitation regulations and procedures
- Should preferably have basic training in the Galley department
- Ability to organize and complete work by deadlines
- Command of the English language, both verbal and written