- Always follows Princess Cruises’ operational methods and seeks advice from the Galley Supervisor if necessary.
- Follows USPHS principles and Princess Cruises procedures at all times.
- Works as part of a cleaning team responsible for consistently cleaning and sanitizing specific galley equipment and service locations, including but not limited to pots, pans, and other galley equipment (Most heavy pot in the main galley is 30.5lbs and pastry heaviest mixing bowl is 38.6lbs and 71lbs)
- Always recycles cooking service equipment before, during, and after service.
- Assist when required to unload and store food deliveries (average weight 50lbs to 60lbs)
- Willingly participates in scheduled deep cleaning in addition to everyday cleaning operations.
- Always treats all equipment used during the cleaning process and all equipment to be cleaned with care to prevent damage.
- Reports equipment defects to the Galley Supervisor / Executive Chef / Food Manager on a daily basis.
- Always performs all duties in accordance with applicable policies and procedures, USPHS and Fleet Regulations, and other internal, external, and governmental regulations as directed.
- Always conducts galley cleaning in compliance with Princess Cruises’ environmental regulations and objectives.
- Performs all General Emergency Organization duties as directed.
- Demonstrates commitment to the Company’s values, beliefs, goals, and initiatives.
- Acts as a Company representative and always portrays a positive image of Princess Cruises to all passengers, officers, and crew.
- Always maintains professional, effective, and motivated working relationships, taking into account differences in cultures, backgrounds, and individual personalities.
- Must have a thorough knowledge of USPH practices and procedures.
- Must have good oral and written command of the English language.
- Must be experienced in cruise ship industry galley operation.
- Must have a working knowledge of scientific cleaning and sanitation procedures for the food service industry.