- Extensive working wine knowledge with a WSET, ISG, CMS or SWE certification.
- Minimum of 2 years’ experience being part of a beverage service operation is required (Four star and above preferred: Hotel Resort or Restaurant); or one year of experience being part of a beverage service operation on a cruise ship is required.
- Exceptional communication and interpersonal skills.
- Excellent computer software skills required (Word; Excel; Outlook etc.)
- Ability to speak and write English fluently. Proficiency in at least one of the following languages would be an advantage – Spanish, French, Italian or German.
- Ability to interact with others in a culturally diverse and dynamic environment.
- Extensive knowledge of varying wine and beverage brands, trends and quality.
- Knowledge of new and old-world wines, including food and wine pairing, with the capability to conduct wine tasting sessions for large groups of guests, officers and/or teammates.
- The ability to train other members of the Food & Beverage Team on making wine recommendations and on correct service standards.