The person in this position must provide the highest possible standard of cocktail/bar/wine service to passengers and staff. In order to provide this service, he/she must have complete knowledge of the cocktails/drinks/wines as listed and their presentations. Among other responsibilities the bar steward must:
- Have good social skills.
- Be able to work under stress.
- To present positive attitude and personality at all times during passenger service.
- To ensure all drinks, which are served, to passengers and shipboard employees are charged to and signed for by the individual requesting the drink.
- To respond to any additional work requests as may be necessary.
- To be flexible and work in all bar areas.