- Provides a positive first impression to every guest through a warm, welcoming individual greeting; always maintains a clean and professional appearance.
- Nurtures a lasting connection with every passenger by always showing genuine interest during service and remaining fully engaged throughout the voyage.
- Creates a comfortable, elegant ambiance by always preparing table settings and maintaining service stations in line with all Company standards.
- Consistently provides helpful explanations and suggestions on the menu and offers assistance with wine pairings.
- Always delivers food and beverages as requested, promptly, in the correct service order, follows up to ensure each guest’s needs have been met and suggest solutions to any issues.
- Maximizes wine and beverage sales by invitingly offering suitable choices.
- Encourages and supports the growth, engagement, and development of the Junior Waiter by providing targeted coaching and training in all aspects of the role.
- Always follows all Company guidelines, policies, and procedures, including USPH protocols.
- Graduate of a recognized Catering / Hotel Management School (Preferred but not necessary)
- Two to five years of restaurant service experience on a cruise ship or in alternative at least 5 years of fine dining service from premium restaurants and/or luxury hotels (5 stars).
- Able to adequately explain pricing, food, wine, and cocktail menus to the guests
- Knowledge of fine dining operations and excellent restaurant service.
- Strong communicator with personable social skills to actively interact with a variety of guest demographics
- Necessary computer skills and knowledge of P.O.S. systems
- Command of the English language, both verbal and written
This position offers many benefits. This position is afforded comfortable shared cabin accommodations, meals, exceptional amenities, and extensive learning and recreational programs available to all of our teammates.