The Sous Chef leads the Horizon Court and (on ships without a Chef de Cuisine) Alternative Dining Galley teams in producing and delivering the best possible culinary experience at sea, in line with the Company’s values and brand strategy.
Supervises food product delivery in the Lido Deck, Bell Box, and (on ships without a Chef de Cuisine) Alternative Dining outlets, ensuring consistency by always requiring adherence to Company recipes, adequate production quantities, correct execution methods, and picture presentation as the minimum standard.
Always demonstrates acceptance of responsibility—in conjunction with the Assistant Maitre D’ Hotel—for the buffet food score by regularly reviewing results and formulating and implementing measures to improve the score.
Princess Cruises offers exceptional facilities, extensive learning and recreational programs for the crew. Joining the team you’ll enjoy a truly adventurous career with excellent incentives, unlimited growth, and ports of call that will leave you breathless.
- Must have a tertiary qualification in Culinary Arts / Food Production from a recognized institution
- Must have at last five years of experience as Sous Chef in a large Food and Beverage establishment and, preferably, have shipboard experience
- Must successfully attend Advanced Sanitation course and achieve a score of at least 85%
- Must have extensive knowledge of food products and demonstrable cooking techniques
- Must have the ability to lead and train subordinates and provide clear direction under pressure
- Command of the English language, both verbal and written